GW50 Groundwater Nitrate Sensor
The HydroMetrics GW50 nitrate sensors (manufactured in New Zealand) are robust groundwater nitrate sensors specifically built for environmental, agricultural and industrial uses.
The HydroMetrics sensors provide landowners, regulatory authorities, and businesses with real-time groundwater monitoring data. These sensors enable precise feedback on the effects of land use and allow users to make informed decisions.
Accurate and affordable, HydroMetrics puts the tools into the hands of landowners and businesses so they can become environmental guardians of their land and water.
How can we manage the issue if we can’t afford to measure it?
- Groundwater deployment.
- Measure nitrate-nitrogen concentrations.
- Deployment in low ionic strength groundwater – organic carbon or chloride interferences are minimal.
- Remote data logging possible to give real-time data.
- Affordable nitrate sensor – cost-effective to deploy at multiple sites at the catchment or farm scale.
- Low power consumption – can be powered by solar power.
- Optical sensor technology – extends service intervals in comparison to other lower-cost technologies such as Ion Selective Electrodes.
- Suitable for long-term unattended deployment.
- Periodic cleaning rather than calibration required, reducing ongoing maintenance.
- Continuous monitoring and feedback – no laboratory analysis required.
Made in New Zealand
Greenspan has partnered with HydroMetrics from New Zealand to distribute their innovative GW50 groundwater nitrate sensor.
|Measurement technique||Xenon flash|
|Measurement principle||UV Absorbance|
|Measurement cell||8 mm tube|
|Measurement range||0 – 50 mg/L (without measurement cell alteration)|
|Measurement accuracy||+/- 5% +0.1 mg N/L|
|Data logger||~ 16 GB internal storage|
|Measurement interval||≥ 1 min|
|Housing material||316 stainless steel|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||42.2 mm x 455 mm|
|Weight||3.44 kg (including 10 m of cable)|
|Interface||SDI-12 / RS-232|
|Power consumption||< 100 mW|
|Power supply||11.5 – 15.5 V|
|Max pressure||2.0 bar as standard|
Contact us for prices and information.
Remember to include your phone number if you would like us to call you.